- Ph.D. 2012, Ecology, Université Montpellier II, France.
- M.S. 2008, Ecology, Biodiversity and Evolution, AgroParisTech, France.
- B.S. 2005, Cell Biology and Physiology, Université Paris XI/ ENS Cachan, France.
- 2016-2021: Postdoc with Jonathan Jeschke at Freie Universität Berlin, Germany. Plant-herbivore interactions and rapid evolution of plant populations in novel urban ecosystems.
- 2013-2015: Postdoc with Phil Hulme at the Bio-Protection Research Center, Lincoln University, New Zealand. Impact of alien plant invasions on plant community structure.
Grants, Fellowships and Awards
- Oral presentation award (2nd place) at the 9th Colloque Francophone d’Écologie des Communautés Végétales (ECOVEG 9), Tours, France. (April 2013)
- Oral presentation award (honorable mention) at the 2011 Symposium of the International Association of Vegetation Science (IAVS), Lyon, France. (June 2011)
- 3-year doctoral Fellowship funded by the French Ministry of Education and Research (2008-2011)
- 3-month travel grant from the Université Montpellier II, for a collaboration with Mark Vellend in Université de Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada (2011)
- 4-year excellency scholarship awarded by the French Ministry of Education and Research to enter the Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan (July 2004 )
- 2008-2012: PhD candidate at the Centre d’Ecologie Fonctionnelle et Evolutive (CEFE) in Montpellier, France. Supervisors: Eric Garnier and Marie-Laure Navas. Plant community structure and assembly in calcareous rangelands of Southern France: a functional, phenological and phylogenetic approach.
- Feb-July 2008: Graduate research assistant. Centre d’Ecologie Fonctionnelle et Evolutive in Montpellier (France). Supervisors: Eric Garnier and Olivier Flores. Global comparative analysis of the phylogenetic signal of two functional plant traits, leaf dry matter content and specific leaf area, across more than 1500 vascular plant species. (M.Sc. thesis)
- May-Aug. 2006: Graduate research assistant. Tree-Crops Ecophysiology Department of CIRAD in Thailand. Supervisors: Philippe Thaler and Olivier Roupsard. Adjusting Granier’s heat-probe method of sapflow measurement to the rubber tree for a long-term monitoring of sap flow in an adult rubber tree plantation (first M.Sc. thesis).
- June-August 2005: Undergraduate research assistant. Bioemco Laboratory (Paris) and the Hluhluwe-iMfolozi National Game Reserve (South Africa). Supervisor: Jacques Gignoux and Olivier Bonnet. Field study of the foraging strategies of large grazers in a tropical humid savannah and impact on the structure and dynamics of plant communities.
- Botany and Plant evolution
- Methods in field research and data analyses
- mentoring of PhD, MSc and BSc students in France and Germany.
Professional and Academic Service
- Editorial Board member: Journal of Vegetation Science
- Journal referee: Journal of Ecology; Ecology; Functional Ecology; New Phytologist; Methods in Ecology and Evolution; Plant Ecology; Ecosystems; Oikos; Annals of Botany; Journal of Vegetation Science; Acta Oecologica; Folia Geobotanica; Global Biology and Conservation; PLOS ONE; Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment; Biogeoscience; GECCO
- Seminar organization committee. Bio-protection research center, Lincoln University (2013-2014)
- Elected graduate representative, SIBAGHE Graduate School, Université Montpellier II (2010-2011)
- Membership: International Association of Vegetation Science (IAVS); Societé Française d’Écologie (SFE)